Cavatelli Short-Rib Bolognese
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup prosciutto, diced
- 1 pound boneless short ribs or other stewing/braising cut of beef, cut into 1-2 inch cubes
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup Ferrante’s Vino della Casa Red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 sprig Sage, Thyme & Basil
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces cavatelli pasta
- grated parmesan to taste
- fresh parsley and/or basil to taste
- Cook the beef in pan over medium-high heat until browned on all sides before setting aside.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, shiitake mushrooms and prosciutto to the pan and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and tomato paste and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add Ferrante’s Vino della Casa Red wine, deglaze the pan, add beef, tomatoes, and fresh herbs bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, until the beef is falling apart tender, about 2-3 hours. (You can also transfer the pot to the oven preheated to 275F/140C and cook until falling apart tender, about 3-4 hours.) Add heavy cream or milk and simmer additional 2-3 minutes.
- Cook cavatelli pasta according to package directions.
- Toss fresh cavatelli with bolognese sauce and short ribs.
- Garnish with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy with a glass of Ferrante’s Vino della Casa Red!
There are no comments