Ferrante’s Italian Sausage, Spinach & Swiss Meatballs
Makes: 30 meatballs
Ingredients for the Meatballs:
1 large egg
1.5 oz. fresh spinach, chopped (1 ½ cups)
3 scallions, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ lb. ground pork
½ lb. ground Italian sausage
½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
¼ cup grated Romano cheese
½ cup Panko bread crumbs
Ingredients for the Sauce:
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup chicken stock
¼ cup Ferrante’s Gruner Veltliner
¼ cup stewed tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat egg, add all remaining meatball ingredients and mix until combined. Shape mixture into 1 ½ inch balls and place on baking sheet.
- Cook meatballs until they are golden brown, about 15-18 minutes.
- Melt butter in a pan. Once melted add flour and whisk until roué is formed, approximately 1-2 minutes. Whisk chicken stock, Ferrante’s Gruner Veltliner, add stewed tomatoes, cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat add sauce to blender, (be careful ingredients are hot). Blend on medium high until sauce is smooth, about 2 minutes. Top meatballs with sauce.
- Enjoy with a glass of Ferrante’s Gruner Veltliner!
There are no comments